Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Monday, August 16, 2010

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..."

I have got to stop saying "if nothing else goes wrong" because, of course it will. It started off well, except for the part about waking at 4:30 this morning unable to return to sleep for thinking about the bathroom. I did get the primer coat on the wall and the floor and was on my way to work when I got side-tracked with having lunch with J.
Back home from that, I tiled the part of the floor for the sink and put shiny new chrome flanges down. Oops--they extended beyond the feet of the sink cabinet, and the ones on the pipes had to come out. Now, frankly, I am starting to wonder why NOTHING in this house is standard. Studs are supposed to be a standard width apart in walls--not here. There might be 4 of them within 6 inches here. I guess the good news is that is gives lots of support, and more areas in which one could hang a picture or nail baseboard. But why is the water pipe 2 inches from the drain on one side, and 8 inches on the other? What were these people thinking?

After all of this, J and I decided to change the paint color for the walls in the bathroom, which meant slow down on installing the sink. That will give me more time to figure out how to cover the tile around the pipes, since the flange will not now fit.
So, my lovely new sink is still in the living room for the moment. Meanwhile, J prepared dinner tonight.
We don't know what it was called, but it was quite unique and delicious, and contained my favorite butternut squash, carrots, and some interesting spices including oregano from the herb garden. As usual, though, his propensity for dishes with cream based sauces sabotaged me again.

No comments: