Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Graduation 2010

Another year, and another graduation ceremony. Secretary of Navy, Ray Mabus was the commencement speaker this morning. I was pleased to see one of "my people" speaking for a change.

My colleague and co-researcher for the social justice study, Desiree.
My colleague, and soon-to-be co-researcher for an article on combining the new EPAS competency based curriculum with service learning, Jerry. Jerry taught me about "cultural cues" this morning, when I asked about the significance of the decoration on his regalia.

And, finally, I have managed to get a video to upload to blogger! I have long been a fan of bagpipes, and love that our School of Applied Sciences utilizes them. My mother's side of the family was Scottish, and I have our Scottish Coat of Arms for the McBrayers. My friends find it amusing that the family motto is "In defiance."


2 comments:

Betty said...

I love the bagpipes too so thanks for the music! Guess you're glad school is about finished for the summer.

Thanks for my Mother's Day greeting! Did you have a good day as well?

Suzassippi said...

Graded papers, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and cooked supper while my husband and son went to the movies without inviting me to go. Still one more stack of final papers and one more stack of final exams to go, and grades are due by 6 tomorrow--I hope I make it. :)