Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Sun, Blessings, Packing for Texas

Today dawned the most beautiful day--blue skies, warm temps, birds singing, sun shining. I worked on issues related to the upcoming Poor Peoples Economic and Human Rights Campaign march from the Delta to Detroit. I did laundry and dishes before I leave tomorrow. I got Kate's nails trimmed so hopefully she does not create any new wounds on Chet's paper-like skin in her enthusiasm to see him. I stocked up on supplies J will need while we are gone for a week. I cleaned out Libby's kennel, since it was finally a day without rain--whew! That was a lot of puppy poop! She did not like it that I had the pet door closed off while I was in there and kept jumping up on the window trying to figure out why she could not get out there with me. And finally, I filled all the bird feeders, hoping it will tide them over until I get back home next week.

Finally, after all of that, I sat on the porch in the still beautiful day and watched as a baby deer--probably just out of his spots stage as small as he was--came into the yard to snack on fallen bird seed.

It was not all I wanted to do today, or even needed to do today, but after all, there are only so many hours in a day. I am looking forward to spending a brief time with family and friends, and looking forward to soon when J and I depart for South Africa and spending time with friends who are "family" by choice.

Every year at this time, I have my visions and dreams and hopes of how it will be, and it usually is not that way. Sometimes it is just a disappointment, and sometimes it is a disaster. But, once again, I find myself eagerly anticipating the opportunity to share special times with my family those who are family by 'adoption', whether in Texas or Africa. Perhaps it is the pronoia, but I find I just cannot give up that someday, it will live up to my expectations.

Pronoia? I know I mention that a lot in my posts, and perhaps there are those who do not know what that means. Everyone knows that paranoia is thinking people are out to get you when they are not. Pronoia means thinking everyone likes you...you get the picture.

Wouldn't it be cool if someday, we really did all like each other?


No comments: