Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More Philadelphia Sites














These are the last of the photos I will post for the Philadelphia trip.  Included are Independence Square, a few more from inside Independence Hall and Congress Hall, and various other buildings and signs from around the city.

It's a beautiful fall day here in Mississippi and I am about to dress and head down to my tiny little precinct in Taylor to cast what is likely the most historic vote of my life time.  I will join my friends and colleagues tonight for an election watch party, marveling at the fact that I am sitting in the home of my African American friends, watching the returns for what I hope will be the win of an African American president, along with both white and black friends.  I came to Mississippi 6 years ago with high hopes, dreams, visions, and plans.  Some have materialized.  I have been ecstatic at times, depressed at times, despondent at times, and hopeful at times.  I have learned far more than I have given, and it was truly the most humbling of lessons that have been offered here.  I hope these last few months mark the turning of a corner for relationships--not just mine, but for all of us in Mississippi--as we continue to keep the faith in creating a new Mississippi, a new South, and a new world.

For any of you reading this, thank you for whatever you have contributed to my journey.


No comments: