Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's Graduation Day

My niece, Jacque, graduated from Tarleton State University on Saturday.  She has a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and just finished her first interview for a job as an educator--certified at middle school level--in Snyder, Texas.  She left today for Houston, where she will be checking out schools there.

Jacq lived with us for a year while she attended Ole Miss--planning a pharmacy major.  We loved having her here--she was like the daughter we never had--and we were sad to see her go home to Texas.  Not only was she a tremendous help to me--willingly going to the grocery store or other errands, helping cook dinner and clean house, but she was just such fun to have around.  While I did not want to see her leave, I supported her father's decision that she had to return to Texas to finish school.
Jacque and her older sister, Kristi, before the graduation.

Jacq and her mother, Ann, who has been my "sister" for over 30 years.
Dad
Jacq's Uncle Darwin (Ann's brother) and his partner, Travis (on the right).
Mom, Jacq, and Dad
Jacq and her graduation present: A fish painted by Taylor artist Christine Schultz.  Jacq admired Christine's work while she lived with me, and always wanted one of her fish.


Jacq and her father, Russell


I was pleased to see the flags before the ceremony. I surmised the flags represented the various countries from which students came to the university--I was surprised to see South Africa amidst them. :)

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Congrats to Jacq! It was good to see family photos, too. Glad our trips to TX coincided and it was a blast getting together with all the old gang again. I miss y'all lots!

Suzassippi said...

Thanks--it was great fun. I have not laughed that long in ages!