Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Monday, December 29, 2014

My coolest Christmas present in 12 years

 I will not belabor all the issues with this house we bought 12 years ago, just as we were about to depart to Texas for our first Christmas trip "home."  Let me just say that closet doors were not part of the deal, and though we thought they were necessary, and put them on the list of things that had to be done prior to close--welcome to Mississippi: "closet doors are not an essential nor required agreement in houses, and thus, we do not have to provide them even if you asked for them in the contract."  I will leave it at that.
 So, imagine my delight, my joy, my absolute euphoria and undying love for this man I married who was willing to follow me to Mississippi 12 years ago and give up our lovely home (I know, I cannot help it, but note the home had a pool, garage, bathrooms that worked, view of the lake, laundry room inside the house, and, oh, doors on all of the SIX closets...I better stop here...) to discover my present was
ta da!-- closet doors!  First off, Libby really had a bit of difficulty trying to figure out her twin sister, but once she accepted Libby2 was friendly, it has been calm. I just hope I can remember why when I get up in the night to go to the bathroom, there is another woman in here.



No comments: