Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Living Blues Center

 I was at the Living Blues Center yesterday to teach my final graduate class of the summer.  Check out these cool posters!
One of my favorites, Bobby Blue Bland was one of the acts on this cruise.
And Muddy Waters--another favorite.  I have one of his early CDs, and Randy used to make fun of me when I was listening to it.  It was in my pre-Mississippi days, and he does have a very strong Mississippi Delta accent that makes some parts hard to make out.
It seems that just about every town along the blues highway has some kind of blues festival, juke joint festival, or some version of celebrating the music that emerged from this part of the world.  You could make a career out of following the festivals...oh, yeah, some people do.


No comments: