Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oscar

Oscar after dinner.

The sun could never really decide if it wanted to shine today.  Regardless, I went out to cut some dead limbs intending to make a fire in the chimenea this evening.  I managed to get a bucketful before I tired of that and decided I needed to repair the latest hole Libby has dug in her kennel.  Apparently, this is going to continue until I get all the rocks from Grandma's place inside her kennel, and every "stake" I can find on the outside of the fence.  Today's repair job consisted of a sharp-pointed broken tile neatly hammered into the ground outside the fence, and a couple of rocks in the hole inside.  She truly wears my patience thin on some days.


I'm really only yawning, in spite of how ferocious it looks.

For some reason, this one reminds me of Alaska Steve's PawPaw the fox.
It got colder as the sun went down and I decided it was just not the night for an outside fire after all.  I have such a hard time with it getting dark before 5 p.m. east of the Mississippi.  Oscar waved goodnight as I picked up the chair to call it an evening.

No comments: