Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rainy Morning in Port Elizabeth

I woke to rain this morning--and Port Elizabeth is ecstatic about it.  There has been a drought here and they  need rain badly.  It is a beautiful morning, but South Africa blogger is not cooperating, so I cannot upload the pictures right now.



I was scheduled for a campus tour, but they cancelled it due to the rain, and my first meeting is now at 10:30, so I am just relaxing in my room for now.  I had a wonderful breakfast this morning--eggs that tasted like eggs, perfectly cooked, whole grain toast with some type of seeds in it, tomato and cheese, juice, and coffee.  When I went down for breakfast, a cat was perched on the back of one of the chairs.  I could have curled up in a corner chair with that cat and spent the day reading. 


Post Script: Got the photos to load this afternoon finally!  Busy day, very productive, but the next two days are a bit lighter.  However, there are a lot of stairs and steps here at the university, and the wind is blowing something fierce.  I may have to take a taxi to dinner tonight as I don't think I can walk one more step today, let alone 10-15 minutes. :)

No comments: