Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Religion through the eyes of Mound Bayou students

 The Church of the Covenant occupies one of the store fronts remaining along Edwards Street.
 Bethel Church: One of the buildings included in our historic preservation workshop to discuss the modernist movement.
 This building was erected in 1973.


 
Almost 2 hours later, and we were nearly full-circle, headed back to the community facility--definitely walking a little slower.


I have tried my best to figure out the source of this photo.  It appears in the ones the students took of the cemetery, just at the end of the walk.  It reminds me of an abstract yin/yang design, and it fascinates me to look at it.
(Note: I figured it out, but I will save it for tomorrow's post.  Let's see if any of you can decipher it.)

We have one more stop along our tour, crossing the bridge and then arriving back at the facility, where you'll be treated to a short video of watching us try to dance the Wobble.  Let me just say that 3 out of 4 of us did pretty well...and I was not one of the 3.

No comments: