Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the way to Abilene

Yeah! Almost there--only 2 more hours! Kate says she is ready.

Update:we are here and I wasted no time getting into my pajamas and bed. I've said it before but this time I mean it--no more one day trips. It is fly or 2 days from now on. Arthritis and sitting in a truck for 13 hours are not good partners. I like to have time to stop and see interesting buildings, too and in a 12-13 hour trip, that's a luxury I don't have.

We had the usual adventures: long boring stretches on the interstate, too much fast food, searching for a pharmacy for the things we forgot, and hitting Dallas at peak traffic with two wrecks on the interstate.

On the one hand it would have seemed so natural to head for parsons lane and right into my old house. On the other I feel so out of sync and out of purpose when I am out of Mississippi that even a few days here is odd.

But for now, Kate says it is bedtime and is stretched out full length on Randy's side of the bed. I think she has the right idea.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Have a good visit!