Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

All I want for Christmas is access to Internet again

This trip has been a treasure hunt, between courthouses, WPA buildings, train depots, churches, and other interesting things I have discovered, like something called "Texas Renaissance" style architecture.  Perhaps it is the wind, the cloud cover, or just the bleakness of north/west Texas in terms of technology, but I am in serious Internet handicap here.  I can get the occasional weak signal long enough to check email, and for a whopping 2 hours yesterday, I had enough signal to use the iPad to look up some facts for all the historic building photos waiting to be posted.  Alas, even the United deli let me down yesterday, and I gave up after trying to upload a photo for 20 minutes.  Finished with my large latte, and I still have yet to be able to get a photo to post here today.  It's kind of like being in South Africa as far as my Internet goes right now, only not as much fun during the times you don't have Internet.

I can be flexible, so I tried the wordpress account.  Nope.  I am left with nothing to do but go buy groceries in order to cook supper, and head back out to the Ponderosa, Jr. for my last night.  I now have 3 days worth of historic building photographs waiting to be posted.  I feel a little like Frank right now, and wondering how long it will take me to catch up.

Besides all of that, a cold front came in, and the wind is blowing constantly, straight out of the north.  Growing up here, there used to be a saying "nothing between here and the north pole but a barbed wire fence."

No comments: