Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Friday, November 28, 2014

"Quya: 'to celebrate Thanksgiving (of many people)'."

First, I acknowledge and give credit to Snow & Mist for the title and the information.  I have been following her blog and adventures for a while now and her Thanksgiving post just resonated with me, because I am a dog lover, and former owner of two Siberian Huskies--one of whom looked a lot like Quya--and I love words and language and the ways we make meaning of and from those words and languages.
 Mom has been on a roll lately of doing things for herself and we love that.  Because holidays remind her of family--her mother and daddy--she likes to immerse herself in ways she does not do at other times.  That's good with us--we take what we get.  Mother was always a wonderful cook, and her chocolate pie and coconut pie were amazing.  They still are.  Even though she cannot see well, and needed help to hear the recipe and measure, she made one of each, and made the dressing.  I pronounced her dressing the best ever in all the years she has been making it and I have been eating it.
 I am so thankful that Mom and Dad are still a part of my earthly life, and for my beautiful sister who gives so much to keep them in their own home even when it means she is often not in hers.
 I am so thankful for our steadfast sisters by another mother, Bert and Diane, who help out so Sis can do things with her children and grandchildren sometimes, and still know Mom and Dad have good care.  It is amazing the bond we feel with them, and how much a part of the family they have become.
 I am so thankful that my adorable niece (one of 4 adorable nieces on this side of my family) came down with her husband to stay over a few days.  I am so thankful for my steadfast husband, Rand, who juggles our Texas responsibilities with our parents as I do--as best we can, and who would help take care of Jennybelle without a smidgen of complaint.

I have been blessed beyond measure all of my life, in all things, even those that seem hard and relentlessly difficult.  My difficulties pale in comparison with most of the rest of the people of the world.  I am so thankful for all those people who have gone before me, with me, and will after me, who desire the world to be a better place, a safer place, a fairer place, and even whilst knowing that will not happen, continue to act as if it is possible.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Lovely! And nice to see the photos of some of your clan. xoxo

Suzassippi said...

Thanks, sister from another mother, and one who walks with me. :) It was a wonderful week.

Lana Pugh said...

How fun that your mom was able to cook! Looks like yall had a great time.

Suzassippi said...

We did indeed!