Sunday, November 9, 2014
Macon's Art Deco Guns and Ammo Store
The c. 1880 building to the right was originally retail space on the first floor, with paired display windows under three-light transoms. The second entrance leads to the upper floor which served as a lodge meeting space (Barrow). Brick dentil molding is featured over the arched windows, which has now been enclosed. The building does not appear to be in use, and needs some sprucing up!
Visible to the rear of the building is the former Carter's Funeral Home, c. 1930. Much of that building has been altered, but it still retains the plain brick pilasters and recessed tablet above the second floor windows.