Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Warm spring salad with edamame and asparagus

Here's another quick and easy keeper, ready in 10 minutes, tasty and delicious.  The creamy cheesiness of the tortellini makes it satisfying, and combined with the soybeans, a touch of protein.  I found this recipe in the Kroger booklet they send out to me with my coupons, and it just enticed me from the get go.

It could not be easier.  Boil a pot of water, toss in the soybeans and cook for 3 minutes; remove to drain and rinse under cold water; toss in the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes; remove to drain and rinse under cold water; cook the pasta according to package directions. (This is Buitoni cheese tortellini--you can also use spinach tortellini) which requires 7-9 minutes.)  Drain.

Here is where I deviated from the recipe.  Add 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (I use Paul Newman's--great flavor), 1 tablespoon basil pesto (I use Dellano) and toss gently.  Serve with a sprinkle of Kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and shredded parmesan.

Refrigerated leftovers can be eaten cold, or one could warm it slightly.

Enjoy!

No comments: