From the Texas Escapes magazine about the architecture of the downtown buildings: Jacksboro's square today shows that architects made an effort toward uniformity. Professor Henry, author of Architecture in Texas 1895-1945 uses the term "harmonious ambiance" to describe Jacksboro's blending of facades.
The City Drug has been owned and operated by pharmacist Ralph Hammond, and his brother Rod, since 1960. The drug store includes a 12-stool fountain and 6 wooden booths.
Cornerstone from the old Jack County courthouse.