Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bryant Hall: the Details

I stopped yesterday to take some pictures of the Circle during one of the rare occasions there are not a lot of people and cars obstructing the views.  I have posted on Bryant Hall before, but began to note details that may have missed my eye on the earlier visit.  A few of my favorite details on the building:
Entablature
 Window in the pediment
 Columns
 Window detail
Window detail

Sometimes, you need the big picture, and sometimes, just the details are nice.  As many times as I have walked past this building, yesterday was the first time I noticed the details on the round window on the pediment, and the details over the other windows.  Perhaps it was because it was a beautiful early spring day, and we had just completed a successful workshop that was both intellectually stimulating and emotionally satisfying, and I was just seeing the joy in everything around me.  Perhaps it was because I was tired and walking more slowly than usual.  

Either way, it was great to get home and have time to sit in the yard and watch the tree falling slowly into the parking space for Randy's truck.  Fortunately, Randy had looked out and noted the sharply differing angle to the tree, and had moved his truck only minutes before the tree fell.  Now, what to do with a giant pine tree lying across the driveway?

No comments: