Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Friday, March 16, 2012

W. B. Nobles Drug Store in Marks

I took a detour through Marks on my way home Wednesday, intending to photograph the courthouse.  I was not certain where it actually was, so thought my best effort was to find "downtown" and work from there.  My best effort at learning about this drug store was less fruitful.
The only reference I can locate comes from a piece of memorabilia from the store, with a 1947 calendar on the back, for sale for a mere $22.  
The former drug store is one in a series of the block-long storefronts.  The department store next door probably was the Masonic meeting location--something I discovered is fairly common in small towns.  The upper floor of a main street building was used for the meetings, while some business occupied the lower half of the building.

Detail above the former drug store.

No comments: