Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church and Sister Debra prepares ethnic Sunday dinner

One of our young friends from the October workshop invited us to worship at her church this morning after we mentioned wanting to attend church today. It reminded me of when I would attend church with my grandmother back in Profit or Elbert only much more joyous. In that regard, it was like being back in my home church of Potosi Baptist. It was a moment of being met right where my need was--something that never ceases to amaze me even though I know it is possible.

Back at our home for the week, we are in Debra's Soul Food Ethnic Kitchen today. She started cooking yesterday. We are having greens, turnips, turkey necks, pig tails, pork neck bones, boiled rice, pork chops in gravy, candied sweet potatoes, and cornbread. Desert is peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Students commented they they never expected to eat so well this week!

No comments: