Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy birthday J

J was 28 today. These are some of my favorite pictures from the last few years since he has been home again.


He spent his birthday at the doctor's office--more tests and ruling out things before the next decision. This is not what I anticipated, but then, parents never do imagine these things for their children, do they?

UPS delivered a refrigerated package from his friend in California--turned out to be cupcakes from some San Francisco bakery. How cool is that?

It stormed all afternoon, and began to pour just as I was headed out the door to the bank and the store. By the time I got in the car, got my cane and umbrella in, I was drenched. Then I got to the bank and opened the door to find my skirt had hung in the door and the bottom 12 inches was drenched from dragging along the highway--you just know it is not going to be a good day when that is how it starts.

I made spaghetti and meatballs for J's birthday dinner--one of his favorites. I splurged yesterday while in Memphis after meeting with my colleague on a manuscript and bought Titus Family Zinfandel, and two bottles of Justin (cabernet sauvignon and syrah). We had the Titus Family tonight and it was wonderful. Though it had been miserably hot and humid earlier, it cooled off by 8 and was pleasant sitting on the porch with the fan going.

I looked out the newly repaired screen (my morning accomplishment) and spotted the tail-less ghost kitty (there are two of them who look just alike, but one has no tail) and her kitten--a yellow tail-less kitten. I had not seen them in two weeks, and was just telling Rand I had to learn not to get attached to feral animals as it is sad to me when they disappear. Ghost kitty with tail and black/white kitten live on one side of the yard and I feed and water them over there; ghost kitty with no tail and yellow kitten live on the other side of the yard and I feed and water them over there. Somehow, that seems to be a microcosm of life as we know it, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Happy birthday, love and big hugs to J. Hope this will be a good year and medical things can be resolved.

Mmmmmmmmmm, cupcakes!

Sorry about your skirt, but the story is kinda creating a funny picture in my mind. :)

Wish all kitties could live in peace and harmony.