Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Window at 24 No. 3rd Street


Who tends these little pots of herbs on the balcony of 24 No. 3rd Street?  What sorts of foods are flavored with snips of the basil, oregano, and rosemary seeking sun light on a street shadowed with tall buildings from the 1800s?

The "Hulick Mansion" was built in 1885 in Second Empire Style for Derrick Hulick, partner in the wholesale grocery company of Drake & Hulick.  It is part of the downtown historic district of Easton, Pennsylvania.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I think it would be fun to live above a little shop in an old building and have a little window garden. At least for a while and then I would be ready to return to a traditional home. But it would be fun!

Suzassippi said...

I think I could love it a lot...as long as I only had a cat and not 4 dogs...But yes, I imagine that is just a romantic image that it would be fun to walk to everywhere I needed to go within a few blocks. :)

Jane said...

Love, love, love! And would also enjoy that lifestyle. I hope we haven't given up the idea for good. :)

Suzassippi said...

Girl, you are way behind. LOL

Jane said...

Don't I know it! I actually read some entries in a little more timely manner but had to come back and comment. LOL