Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows...


Sunshine yesterday and this morning is making quick work of our snow.  Meanwhile, back in Texas, it had just started yesterday, and still going this morning.
Rio sent me a good morning hello.  Undaunted by a little snow, he ventured out of his barn and had his breakfast while Sis chopped the ice off his water.
 Last night, I had been working on Rio portraits to make the second photo collage for Dad's room.  Rand suggested I make a second one to go with the one I made for his Christmas and put it in his room so he can still see Rio on those times he does not feel like getting out of bed.  Sounded like a good plan to me.
Like this morning, when it is cold and snowy!  One of Dad's favorite things is when he wakes up and Sis sits in the chair by his bed and has morning coffee with him.  Before, Dad and I used to sit out on the deck in the mornings and drink coffee.  Sometimes one might not think of that at the time, but when I look back now, I treasure those opportunities and that we made time for them. 

There are double windows to the left of his bed, and they were watching it snow.  He said it was a resting day.  I on the other hand, have to get in to work today.  Though I have managed to get quite a lot done during the snow days this week, it is time to show up in the office.  At least the sun is shining.



3 comments:

Gigi said...

Sweetness.

Lana Pugh said...

Nothing better than snowy ponies, except for warm ponies in a warm barn watching it snow.

Suzassippi said...

I am pretty sure Rio went right back into his barn after he ate and got a drink. :)