Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm all worn out and it's early yet


Wow, I had forgotten what it was like to have a puppy in the house.  Every 5 seconds, removing something from his mouth and redirecting to a chew toy.  Get him off the counter and redirect to a chew toy.  Take the sock away from him and redirect him to a chew toy.  I tried putting him out in the kennel (lovely sunshine for a change) but he did not like it all alone out there.  Back in the house and get him off the counter, out of my papers, repeat cycle endlessly.

Finally, after never getting settled long enough for me to accomplish even one thing, I decided it was time for a little crate time to settle down.  He was quite elusive once he figured out I wanted him to go in the box, but finally I managed and he is in there.  He is whining of course now, but he will settle down in a bit and take a nap.  What else is there for him to do?  Funny, but he napped a lot when Woody was here, and now he cannot seem to stop investigating stuff continuously.  I better take a nap myself if he settles; I'm worn out and he has only been in the house for one night!

He has discovered how to jump on the bed, and how fun it is to roll in the comforter!

No comments: