Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tupelo Thursday

It was a beautiful day here today, with sunshine and temps in the 50s! I drove to Tupelo to do some assessments with students for the gerontology research project that my Tupelo colleagues and I are working on. What a great bunch of students! They gave up their break between classes to fill out the assessment. We have been working on this project for a year now, and are about to apply for a grant for some funding to continue it and expand it.

After that, I worked on additional research (the kind you do in the library) and then went to lunch with one of my friends and colleagues. It was a pleasant drive back home to Oxford where the weather is still almost spring-like.

I fed all the birds and changed the water in all the birdbaths, fed my ghost cats (there are now 4 of them eating here regularly), and cleaned up yet another box Libby chewed up in the 10 minutes I was out feeding the birds. I spent the weekend getting things up and away from her, but she found a box I missed. Looks like time to research the training manual--there is a great one called "Don't Shoot the Dog" which is of course sounding pretty good right now.

No comments: