Walnut Room this way

Walnut Room this way
Rio.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

We're in Texas!

We got up really early this morning to get an earlier start on the 12 hour trip. I went back in my room to find Libby had gotten into my suitcase lying on the bed and removed a bottle of pills, chewed the top off, had them scattered all over the floor. A count showed she had eaten two of the beta blockers I take to slow down my heart beat. We tried to find information about it on the internet, but could find nothing about the potential hazard. By the time we could get her to the vet, it was in her system, so we opted to just wait and see. J said she was up and running around and barking, so it seemed as if it did not affect her. We hope there are no residual effects at this point, but have not yet heard back from J since we arrived in Texas.
Princess Kate, aka one of the "X Dogs" was patiently waiting for me to finish my McDonald's breakfast so she could have the last bite. At lunch, she got her on chicken McNugget Happy Meal. Mom got the toy, though, as she would just eat it. It's Avatar, and when you clap your hands, his head lights up.
After wasting an hour in Monroe (took the wrong exit and had to drive all the way through poverty central to get back to the main road and then the line at McD's was forever), we finally got to Texas at almost 8. Kate is relaxing on the couch and hoping Randy will toss her one of those cookies. I am watching my Saints get creamed by the Cowboys. It's almost time for bed since my day started at 5 a.m.!

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Glad you're there--we're in Seattle for the night. Can't believe we missed each other! Have a nice visit and hopefully the beta blockers did not affect Libby!